A quick post today about some the kids God has blessed the church with down here.
Having grown up with little sisters, and with the plethora of kids in the church, I have gotten quite use to the things kids say, but there are still times when something slips that catch you off guard and make you laugh. Kids say the darndest things...
Exhibit A. In Loma Cova, a Kina Indian Village, one of the little kids was hanging around in the church after class while I was helping one of the adults from the class. She came up to me, and was hugging my leg, a common thing in Loma Cova, since most of the congregation is under the age 10, and put her hand on my stomach. Her eyes got really big like she just had some life changing realization, and she looked up at me and said, "You're fat!"
Exhibit B. Also from Loma Cova, we were playing a game in class, where we had to say a verb that we do, and then act it out. For example, I said "I Swim", so I had to act out swimming. After my freestyle demonstration, one of the kids in my class was looking at me backwards. If it was becuase I was acting quite absurdly, or becuase she didnt want to act out her verb, I will never know. But I do know what she thinks of me...she called me a crazy gringo (in Kuna, the native language), which got a quite a few laughs, even from me.
And as my last witness, I would like to call forwarf my friend Aron. Aron has been coming with his family to the Satruday classes that we have at the church here in Balboa. A couple of Sundays ago, we had 10 kids get baptized in Balboa, and Aron and his brother Alfonso, had been sitting with some of the missionaries and me. Aron and Alfonso intently watched as the kids were baptised. The baptisms came and went, and then it was time for communion. We asked if they could come up to communion with us to get a blessings, it was most liekly their first time to do any such thing, and after their mother consented, we were off. Aron, tagging along with Becky, says really loud, "Are we going to take a bath like the other kids?" Then as pastor came around giving us the wine to drink, Aron, intently watched him. His eyes got bigger and bigger as he tried to understand what the pastor was saying. "Take and drink the true blood of Jesus Christ". Becky drank, and Arons mouth fell to the floor. As soon as Pastor Patricio had walked by, Aron yelled, and I mean loudly, "WHAT DID YOU DRINK?" Trying to hold it together ourselves and quiet Aron down was quite the scence.
Please pray for Cecilia, the mother of Aron and Alfonso, as she is becoming more and more active in the church. Pray that the church continues to be a place where she meets people who are welcoming and friendly, and who provide the support she needs when things are tough. Please also pray that through her involvment in the church, that she would have the Word of God planted in her and her family.
lots to say, but lots more to do. until later, keep on...
Monday, November 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment