Thursday, January 24, 2008

The wonders of the human brain

So I have been thinking alot lately about our memories. This was inspired by my newest discovery on the web: Super Marion Bros. ONLINE! Yes, like I said, nothing to do at my job. I was so excited that I felt like A giddy schoolgirl. Wow. It has been years since I played this game. Needless to say, my work-load-less afternoon went pretty quickly.

So here is my question: How can I remember where the secret 1UP life mushrooms are in this game and can hardly remember what I had for lunch? How can I remember where I need to jump for extra fire power (and 100 points) when I can't remember what I wore last week. Maybe the latter of these are trivial facts that our mind has learned not to remember, or maybe life mushrooms and firepower were the most important conflict my impressionable seven year old mind had to deal with, but it makes me wonder.

The wonders of the human brain.

For any of you boredees out there, here is the website that has provided me with many great moments at my work.

No comments: