To start, lets get to know a little about what Panama looks like. I have long looked for a way to show all my loved ones in the states what Panama is like: its people, its landmarks, its cities. Well here it is. This is a music video from a Panamanian pop artist, Aniel Mejia, and the video incorporates great pictures of the city that I call home and all its historical architecture, all the many folkloric traditions (each region has its own traditional dress, music, dance influenced by the heritages of that area). This is such a great video, because everything I love about Panama can be seen! Check it out!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Carnavales Series, Part 1: A visual sampling of Panama
In honor of the ensuing madness that is Carnavales, (which officially doesn't start until Saturday, but all the streets are already closed, and the stages and clubs are being set up, and everyone is already doing nothing but thinking about the five day national drunken stupor that is about to be unleashed on the country), I have decided to begin a CARANAVAL SERIES on this very blog. Stay Tuned for a look at everything Panamanian during the next week of nation wide festivities.
To start, lets get to know a little about what Panama looks like. I have long looked for a way to show all my loved ones in the states what Panama is like: its people, its landmarks, its cities. Well here it is. This is a music video from a Panamanian pop artist, Aniel Mejia, and the video incorporates great pictures of the city that I call home and all its historical architecture, all the many folkloric traditions (each region has its own traditional dress, music, dance influenced by the heritages of that area). This is such a great video, because everything I love about Panama can be seen! Check it out!
To start, lets get to know a little about what Panama looks like. I have long looked for a way to show all my loved ones in the states what Panama is like: its people, its landmarks, its cities. Well here it is. This is a music video from a Panamanian pop artist, Aniel Mejia, and the video incorporates great pictures of the city that I call home and all its historical architecture, all the many folkloric traditions (each region has its own traditional dress, music, dance influenced by the heritages of that area). This is such a great video, because everything I love about Panama can be seen! Check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment