Well, I am told that Panama has seasons. How they classify these seasons is beyond me, apart from the obvious that one is the soak season while the other is the hang your laundry on the line to dry season. Well, either way, they are both really hot and humid, but we will leave that distinction to meteorologists more capable than I.
Anyways, the point of this season babble is to say that rainy season also means bug season. And when I say bug season, I mean puddles of standing water that would scare any West nile fearing person ( although here its not WN but Dengue...thats right...I am thinking tszti flies and everything).
Exhibit A. Friday, my free day, day to relax and do whatever my fancy darn well pleases to do, I go to the cabinet where all my precious china is stored. I see a little group of ants, devouring what seems to be some shriveled dried crumb no bigger than a dash of dust. They may have actually been eating dust, I am not sure. But for some reason, whether dust or a little piece of last night dinner, there was an ant farm dangerously close to my plates, of which I was about to use to eat lunch. Dos Tigres Ant and Other "Crawling Insect" killer to the rescue. Unfortunatly, as a few fleed from their posinous death, I notice that they follow a path. Up, up and up they go, to the third shelf, fortuantly out of my view. On a massacaring rampage, I decide to get a chair to pursue the eightlegged foes. I calmy step up onto the chair, and almost as quickly fall off in shock. I hit the motherload. There, setting up a little metropolis, is a colony of at least 10 bazillion ants.
Going crazy with my poisin, I spray, catching hopefully 80% of the population, and covering at least half my dishes in sticky goop. After the desamation and the aftermath that was washing and sanatizing every single dish I own, I felt that maybe a roadmark was reached and a battle was won.
However, the ants have just returned, choosing another beautiful location in my kitchen. Will it never end? I am praying for the rain to continue, but for also an endless supply of Dos Tigres Ant Killer, which is quickly quickly being used up. However, I will keep strong, and have faith. Thats it...fight the good fight. Down with the Ants. Happy Bug...I mean rainy season!
Lets just hope the dishes got washed well...
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Chris,
Ahhh. the love we get from God's creatures. The cockroaches here, you may have read, have a similar love for my kitchen. I think I would prefer the army of ants in yours. This weekend I'm going into the mainland, where I'll see C.S. and see some baptisms! Although, with my considerablely black-less hair, I am quite the target for everyone. I'll let you know how it goes ;)
Post a Comment