Okay...this was competly new for me. Palm trees themselves proved to be quite the novelty for quite some time. I mean, we dont have them in Colorado, and I can remember taking about seven million pictures of the first one I ever saw. Well, needless to say, living in the tropics and all, palm trees have become a daily part of my life. And they are quite multifunctional. The provide shade, they have pipas (like coconuts) whose juice is more refreshing than water, and of course, when their huge pencas (palms) fall off, they can be converted into great sleds for sledding down the big Hills that the Administration building stands on.
However, I never knew exactly how they got all those wonderful pips down from the natural home. I always just delighted in watching them cut it open, stick and straw in and serve it up!
Well, my curiosity was ended.

This is one of our nice palm trees that graces the Church in Balboa with plenty of shade.

Look a little closer. Its like a little kids activity book. Can you see the foot and the man diligently working away?

And then when that diligent worker realizes he is actually a crook stealing pipas, and catches a glimpse of me documenting his pillage on film, well he shimmies right on down and runs!
And that, Ladies and gents, is how it is done!
Keep enjoying...
p.s. check out the April-May-June Newsletter at the link to the right!

No comments:
Post a Comment