My classes started this last week, and after being "on vacation" for about six weeks, I am so ready to get back into it. This session, I will be only teaching 10 classes a week, but also 5 private classes to students. Not to metion, I will be helping out with groups that come down to help in Panama...which will roughly put me at about 120 hours a week. Oh the joys of being a volunteer.
Anyways, yesterday, I made the announcement that I will not be continuing with the mission in Panama. The staff has known for a while, and it was time to tell my students (as well as my dedicated fan blog reading base!) The students in my classes were shocked, but they began asking what they needed to do to get me to stay. Who they needed to write a letter to, how much my salary needed to be raised, and what things needed to take place for me to stay. It was touching.
It also makes it hard to stick to my decision that I will in fact leave the mission. With all my wonderful students, and how much they have made a difference in my life, its hard to know that even after they say that I have made a difference in thier lives, we will all go our own seperate ways.
And after being a part of such a fulfilling work in seeing them improve and grow to feel comfortable at the church, its hard to think what will be when I am not around. This is the part where I have to trust that new people will be brought to their life, to provide for the needs they will have. And while they will always be my friends, we will not always be together to support and enourage, and just trust that God will bring new people into our lives who show his love for each and everyone of us!
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! Loma Cova w/o Chris! What are your plans? You have made a huge contribution to many people.
BTW, the Crown Royale is also good for ants. One botttle and they stop bothering you!
Post a Comment