Its the biggest thing that has happened in Panama. There has not been this much excitement since "The Tailor of Panama" was filmed. Thats right. James Bond is coming to Panama.
And I get to be a part of it. A very minuscule part yes, but none the less.
Five locations in the City of Portobelo will be used for scenes in the next James Bond Film. Other scenes will be shot in Santa Ana and San Felipe, neighborhoods in Panama City. Also three mansions in Colon will be used to make the scene look as close to Haiti as possible. For the whole story, click here.
So will I get to met the actors? No. Will my name be on the credits? Probably not. But I still got to be a part of the the process. The hotel where all the actors will be staying is one of my company's clients. They needed to staff the hotel with bilingual people. So thats where I come in. My company paid for my partner and I to go to Colon to interview people and talk about their level of English. While its not the most important part, I will take comfort in knowing that Daniel Craig's receptionists can handle talking to him, and that the human resources manager that manages all the housekeeping and issues of the hotel where they are staying can handle themselves in English. And some of the people I interveiwed might end up being extras in the film, so we will see.
So when you see the movie and you think that those places look familiar, but think that you have never seen Haiti, dont be fooled. Its not Haiti. You have seen those places before. Here on my blog!
And I probably will go see some of the work during the filming. Maybe I will be an extra on the film!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment