Friday, May 04, 2007

And he lives!

Hey. After months of bloggin lackage...I am back by popular demand. Things have been so busy here in Panama that I hardly know where to begin. First, let me tell you there are sme big changes in my life.

First, visa status. Well, in the hope of self preservation, I wont publish any actual REAL information here, but hey. Things are going GREAT with the VISA. I was so APPROVED for my WORK VISA and my RESIDENCY has come up WITHOUT A HITCH ;) No, things have been rough and the whole visa process really forced me to think about a maybe not so optional trip back to the states. I was planning to leave my current job at Berlitz on May 15th, and well I resigned myself to looking for and even sending resumes to places of possible employment in the States.

But then lightning strikes and God drops the solution in my lap. I was offered a job at a company that, let me tell you, I couldnt really pass up. Just the timing alone of the way it all worked out made me seriously consider the offer, and when he told me what I would be doing, well, I was sold.

He had me at one word: TRAVEL!

I will be working for a company as a customer service representative, working to reruit and bring in new international customers, as well as helping them through the process they hardly wont understand, namly since they wont speak Spanish. I was told of traveling to the United States and Europe, and when I asked how often I would be traveling, well the CEO (who is the one created this job speficially for me!) told me (and I quote) "As much as you want."

So they really needed to pull my leg on that one! And here is the kicker. They gave me the starting date that I wanted, so I will have time to make a trip back to the States to visit family and friends and go to a friend's wedding! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, thats a quick update for now. I guess I have to easy back into this blogger thing!

keep moving...

No comments: