Well, I am officially home. Please excuse any spelling mistakes as I am shivering so bad, I can hardly type. Thats right. Its friggin cold! Although all my friends have been like, cool man, I am boust to put some shorts on, I have been searching for the long underwear.
I think my grandma said it the best. I am torn. I am back with my people and my country yet hardly feel like I know it at all. And I am torn and hurt by the fact the the people I talk to here will never really understand what my life has been like for the past seven months. I am happy to be home and see all my friends and family, but feel lost and confused. I am preparing myself for the emotional roller coaster that will be being home for the next three weeks.
The mountians are still here in Colorado, and it reminds me that something never change, even though they maybe covered with snow, (something that I had almost forgotten about), and that somethings, like the love of family and the presence of friends, although they may seem a little different or there might not be complete understanding, are always there and never change either.
I am but a stranger here myself...
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hey Chris! Your back in CO!!! I would love to get together some time. Do you have my contact info. I would love to chat about tons of things including Orrientation and life in another country (also about your journey :)) Let me know when you are free and we can plan something!
oh the reverse culture shock...I'm so looking forward to that in 5 weeks. Or not. Actually, I'm afraid of going back to the US and being like, what the heck? America is stupid, look at all the things other societies are doing much better, blah, blah.
My friend, I have been living in the states for 4 months now and still feel lost and confused about it all. I dont think I will ever truely feel the same here. I can relate...i think we talked about this while i was visiting Panama. We are strangers to this familiar place.
Hi Friend, Its so cold there in colorado?, So I think you're missing the Panamá weather eh.
Well, but you'll come back at may 29, so be strong and figth with that cold jajajaja, you'll come back to Panamá like a Ice cream jajajaja.
Take Care Dude.
Nada como el calor de Panamá eh jajajaja, cuidate eh, saludos a la familia
Elías
Hey Chris. I have found myself thinking ahead to the same thing. Scared, excited, ready, not ready...one big mass of contradicting emotions. Sounds great!!! You are in my prayers. Get lots of sleep and eat plenty of vegetables, the Chinese say this will help almost everything:) God's peace.
Post a Comment