Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Future Direction

Finally, I can say for sure that I have been accepted to the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, to study my masters degree in Spanish! YEAH! For the past weeks, it has been a back forth game of future possibilities, with a number of different options on the horizon. There was looking into teaching jobs in Colorado, Texas, Nebraska and New York. Then there was the panic of looking into other graduate schools if UNL didnt work out. A whole mumble jumble of different choices that was all waiting on this one decision. Now, my future is pretty clear, and after a few weeks with my life only figured out up until May 16th, it feels nice.

Needless to say there are plenty of detials that still lurk: how I am going to get regestered, met my advisor, from a distance of 1459 miles? Where am I going to live? How am I going to pay for all this? Will I received a TA position (God, please!)? So, I guess the waiting just continues.

I have gotten good at this waiting, and now that I at least can see something I will be doing beyond the end of May, I dont mind waiting for these little details to get worked out: I can't wait to start taking care of them and making sure they get worked out!

And one thing I have also been waiting to do and will get the chance to do tonight: officialy give my notice of resignation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a detail you need to figure out .....IT'S COLD IN NEBRASKA!!
You've been in PC so long you have forgotten what a miserable midwest winter is like.....it's bad to the bone!
Tom