Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Start of the Holiday Season

Well, without even knowing it, Christmas season is already here. Tommorow, for those of you in the states, all the Christmas decorations will be out after the obligatory Halloween sales, but such barier does not exist in Panama. Since the Christmas items have been up for grabs since September, I guess I become desensitized to the approaching holidays. It wasnt until Saturday when I went to the mall and they were putting up their Christmas Tree. And was after I had gone ice skating at the new ice rink. Yes. There is ice in Panama.

And all this conincides with the National Holidays that seem to take over the month of November. This weekend we have a five day weekend for Independence Day. We are going to Chriquí to get away from the city and just relax. Pictures on that to come. Then its back to work, then another long weekend, then one full week of work (the only in November) and then another long weekend. It is going to be great, getting a break from work since it is what I have been doing since July! YEAH! More updates on the Panamanian holiday season to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been a month and no post ....we need our PN fix!

Anonymous said...

Where are you??????