Friday, April 28, 2006

Still adjusting

Well, the test and frustration of the last weeks come to fruition today. Let me explain. (Please keep reading...this is funny, although it sounds kind of depressing!)

For the last two weeks, I have been tested like nothing else. Everynight before I go to bed, it always happens. There is always this little scurrying sound. The last couple of days, I have heard it when I wash dishes, when I take a shower and when I am getting ready to get into bed.

Now, it can be kind of unsettling going to bed knowing there is a creature big enough to make scurrying noises in your house, lurking in the darkness. And while I have learned to handle all types of bugs flying in my house (alright, I lie, I still struggle with tolerating cockroaches), images of big rats and mice have filled my head the last couple nights as I venture to bed, hoping to God in heaven that they havent nested in my bed.

And as any good American, where scurrying noises mean only one thing-rats and mice-I have covered my apartment with rat poisin, and submerge from my deep slumber every monring, awoken by the excitment that I might have got the best of our furry friend, only to be be disspointed by the lack of keeled over rodents.

Today, I learned why. Take a look at the picture. (Well, Mom...dont look at this picture!)

Anything wrong here with this picture?

Thats right. While I was talking on the phone, out struts our friend, the lizard. He walked right over like he was looking for a best friend. He was very docile, even allowed a nice little photo shot.

That is definatly NO rat...

I pulled myself together, grabbed a bucket and safely removed him from the premises. He was sad to leave, until I stomped the ground really hard...then he took off!

And know I qaulify to be an exterminator. I will have all you Animal Rights people out there now that no animals were injured during this process...

So lesson learned...maybe I need to invest in some lizard traps. Hey, I still learning little by little about the new world I live in!

keep exterminating...

2 comments:

Mandi Lindner said...

Oh, he's so cute!!! You should've named him.

I had a pet spider named Robert in my bathroom, but then one day I cleaned and he got mad and left. And that's the story of my life...

By the by, do you think you've ever eaten any cockroaches in your sleep (I'm thinking of that spider-thing that everyone says in America...about eating them in your sleep).

Say...you don't sleep with your mouth open do you???

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
protonix i.v buick insurance american airline paper bingo cards sony video camera houston lawyer bamboo furniture