Saturday, March 04, 2006

The business begins...

Well, its March, its Lent, and my five month Panamanian anivesary has come and gone without much notice even from me. I just dropped my best friend off at the airport and am feeling the slump of looking ahead to the many thing I need and want to do and the time shortage that rears its head no matter where you are in the world.

Speaking of work...there is so much to do here. I will begin my classes again very shortly. I have classes in three churches, which will be the largest amount of churches I have had, and will teach about 17 classes a week. That alot for someone who up until December was only teaching 6 classes a week. We are also discussing the possibilities of extending my time down here, and making some more responisibilites for the national church in the direction of the English program. I will also be coordinating classes to continue in Sora, where I did my camp, since a retired couple from the States wishes to help out with continuing those. Not to mention renovation in my apartment, helping Becky for her wedding (which I am a groomsman in, YEAH!!!), setting up objectives for all the classes I will teach until May and figuring out private english lessons for those who are commited to helping out the church.

And questions about my future arise as well. Stay in Panama? Go home? Do something else? Buy a one way ticket to Chile and hitchhike the way to Colorado? Stay in Panama is definatly my top choice right now, but for any of you who know me, I need an four year itenerary and so I have entered emotional crisis mood. I guess there are things about yourself that God will always be using to show you how to have more faith, no matter where you are in the world. Please pray for clear direction as I sometimes get clouded up in the fact that I actually have to decide something.

Also pray for financial support. I still am lacking some funds to cover my expenses for this year. I dont want to go into details here, but if you are interested, please contact me. You can also visit the Support Questions Link on the sidebar to the left.

As for now, I will sit here in my office, eat my spagheti and play with the kids who are making such an impact on my life.

keep on.

1 comment:

Samuel said...

HItchhike, that would be ridiculous, and there is a 30% chance of survival. I like your odds.