Let's start recently and work our way back. For New Years, we went to Chiriqui, in the western part of Panama, and this is the river we spent some time in. It was so relaxing!


Ahh, the traditional Panamanian Nativity. Yes, that is a Guami Indian Angel Floating above a pollera toting Maria, and a Devil Dancer Wiseman. INteresting...
Gift time in Loma Cova. The kids loved their gifts, and I enjoyed trying to teach Pilieler to use his new skates. Seeing as how there is a whole five feet of paved road in Loma Cova, and about ten bazillion kids, we got good at skating in the gravel!

The Nativity Scene Reenactment in Loma Cova. I didnt think I would ever laugh so hard at the Birth of Christ, but the personalities of each student shone through and made it the most interesting interpretation of the Nativity I have ever seen!
This freakin' huge boat is going through the canal. It was actually the first time I have seen such a huge boat up close. This was at the Pedro Miguel Locks, about three days ago!
This is the "Chris just said something stupid" look, which usually comes right before I realize the stupid thing I said and start laughing at myself.
Kids and fire. Not a Good Combination. You can see the concerned look on the mothers face. This was at the Independence Day Parade in Bouquete, a small town in the western, mountainous part of Panama.
Whoa, Chris the Giant. No Panamanains are not all that small, its just that Carlos had his chair reclined, making me look like one big gringo steriod mistake. THis was on the bus to Chiriqui, and yes it was too small for my mammoth gringo legs.
Get in my Belly. I like the tourist look with the camera and all. This was at my first street party experience which really was more like a scene from Fast and the Furious, with all the cars parked and radios blaring.
Students from Loma Cova play for the Christmas Concert in Balboa. There was so many people there at the Concert!
Joy getting a little power happy as she sets up for the Christmas Concert. Joy's motto in life is, If you arent sweat your guts out in a stuffy church setting up speakers, you arent working hard enough!
Panama La Vieja. The very first settlement in Panama. A little taste of the history I live among.

1 comment:
Let's be honest here Chris, you were peeing on the rock. And before you deny it again, remember...a picture speaks a thousand words. According to this journal entry you've got yourself a whomping 15,000 and they're all saying, "Chris is peeing on the rock!"
Post a Comment