As I am showing all the symptoms of someone addicted to bloggage...something truly exciting happened last night and I have been waiting all morning to sit down and blog about it.
Last night, Joy and I went to a friends house, Katia, who is here from Germany on an internship with BMW. (I know, that's pretty freakin cool.) We had decided to have a tea party with crumpets and watch the third Harry Potter. We made a stop at KFC for some bisquicks (thats what they call biscuits here and the closet thing to crumpets in the western hemisphere) and headed to Katia's apartment.
Then the truly exciting thing happened. As Katia and I were setting up the TV and getting the DVD going, Joy was making tea. Expecting the local brand, Duran Te, I was delighted to find out that Katia had a plethora of TWININGS tea.
For those of you who have never had TWININGS tea before, this entry might seem rather trivial. But for those of you have, you understand my excitement. Twinings in only the best tea made in country know for ostentatous tea production. And seeing as how Katia studied in Cambridge for a year, she stocked up before she left. And to double my excitement...I had started off by packing two boxes of Twinings, but due to space restrictions had to leave it behind in the States, with the hopes of finding it here in Panama. But alas, in the multitude of markets we have gone to, never have I found such perfection in a tea bag...
So if you want to send me a care package, you can send me some Twinings tea. Until your geneorous gift arrives, I will be frequenting Katia's apartment.
Monday, October 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Twinings!!! I agree. Three cheers for Tea! Well that makes me think I should make myself a cup right now. Yet I need to get back for more methods classes. I'm Praying for you!
Post a Comment